Mansfield Triathlon Club Constitution
NameThe club shall be known as the ‘Mansfield Triathlon Club’ and will be affiliated to the English Triathlon Association.
Aims and objectivesThe aims and objectives of the club will be:
- To positively promote the sport of triathlon.
- The club shall promote and encourage members in enjoying and being involved in and participating in the sport of triathlon.
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
MembershipTo ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.
All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.
When racing, members are encouraged to wear club colours, which are orange/red and black
Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories:
- Full member
- Junior member
Membership feesThe club subscriptions costs shall be determined at the AGM but the committee has the power to amend same if the situation requires it.
Fees will be paid annually.
Officers of the clubThe officers of the club will be:
- Press Officer
- Child Welfare Officer
CommitteeThe club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Webmaster, Press Officer, Child Welfare Officer and Quartermaster. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee meetings will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than twice per year. Also the Management Committee shall meet as and when called to do so when proposed by one Management Committee member and supported by at least 2 others.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be by means of a majority vote.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint subcommittees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfill its business.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules / regulations / constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings. The Management Committee shall have the power to discipline members and withdraw their membership. This shall be determined by the Management Committee upon receipt of a complaint. The Management Committee decision must be 66% in favour of removal of membership.
- The club shall have a child protection policy which shall be managed and reviewed by the Child Welfare Officer.
The club shall include a junior section and actively support junior members.
There shall be a separate Junior Committee consisting of a Child Welfare Officer and three non-specific officers.
The Junior Committee shall meet separately.
The Junior Committee shall specifically promote on behalf of the Management Committee junior triathlon.
FinanceThe Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
The financial year of the club will end on: 31st December.
An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus up to two other officers.
Annual General MeetingsThe club will hold an AGM each year after 1st October and before 30th November.
Notice of Annual General Meetings (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members on the club forum and website.
The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
Discipline and appealsAll concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice / abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the club’s child protection policy and procedures. The club Welfare Officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any child protection concerns.
All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be presented and submitted in writing to the Secretary.
The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 7 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 7 days of the hearing.
There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 7 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
- A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a 75% or above vote of the membership.
- By agreement if member numbers (x membership fee) and financial resource is inadequate to meet the needs to pay the BTA for the club’s annual subscription and insurance.
- The club fails to be affiliated to the BTA.
The distribution of the club’ financial assets in case of the club’s demise shall be determined by the committee.